Mumbles Pier, South Wales
|Design:||W Sutcliffe Marsh|
|Construction:||Cast iron piles, lattice steelwork, pitch-pine deck|
Mumbles Pier had no pavilion when it opened in 1898, just a bandstand and amusement stalls. Up until 1960 it was the terminus for the Swansea and Mumbles railway; a lifeboat station was added in 1929. Like many others, it was sectioned in 1940 but did not re-open again until 1956, with a new landing jetty. On the north side an access bridge extends to an RNLI lifeboat station. The pier was damaged by fire in October 2012 when contractors were working on a replacement lifeboat station.