Falmouth Prince of Wales Pier, Cornwall
|Design:||W H Tresidder|
|Construction:||Solid stone groin with extension of reinforced|
The foundation stone for the pier was laid on 20 July 1903 by HRH Prince of Wales, later King George V, after which the pier was named. Unusually, the pier was taken over by American forces during World War II, re-opening to the public in April 1951. Currently the pier is little more than an access point to the ferries that moor alongside it, though there are proposals to use it for outdoor theatre performances, art exhibitions and Punch and Judy shows.