Beaumaris Pier, North Wales
|Construction:||Originally iron girders on wooden piles; now part in stonework (shoreward end) and timber and ironwork (seaward end)|
|Restoration:||1872, 1895, 1960s, 1970s, 1987, 2011-2012|
Originally constructed of wooden piles and iron girders the pier was rebuilt in 1872 after sustaining storm damage. For many years, it was particularly popular in the summer months with ferry services to and from Menai Bridge, Llandudno and Liverpool provided by the steamers of the Liverpool & North Wales Steamship Company. The pier reopened in 2012 after two years of renovations which included replacing all the timber decking and steel beams, restoring the pier to its full width.
Isle of Anglesey